Today we are having a snow storm. It has been snowing all day and it will snow tomorrow also. By the time it is over we may have 30 cm of snow (1 foot). There is a good wind so there will also be come drifting.
I like these days. It is interesting to watch the weather. It is nice to not have to go anywhere. I keep busy keeping the wood stove going at a level to handle the cold. In an old farm house windy cold weather works it's way through the house. Hence my wearing my tuque and a heavy sweater in the house.
This cold and snowy weather is a good time to do some food preparation in the kitchen, near the wood stove. In the last few days I have made some things. (see below) Today, I am making pickled carrot sticks.
I put on Heidi's sweater to take her out in the weather. It is not on very well Gram (the creator of the sweater) I will do better next time.
This is Red Root Relish (beets, cabbage and onion)
This is cinnamon biscotti to dip into my coffee.
Peanut Butter Cookies